Abstract submission is open. Deadline for abstract submission is January 31, 2022.
We are inviting individual or coauthored paper submissions that will be informative and relevant, informed by theory and/or empirical research, and which encourage opportunities for intellectual engagement.
The language of the conference is English, so abstracts should as a general rule be written and delivered in English. However, abstracts can also be submitted in any of the other two official languages of CESE which are French and German.
Abstract proposals should be no more than 600 words in length and may include the following elements:
- purpose or objectives;
- perspective or theoretical framework;
- methods, techniques, or modes of inquiry;
- data sources, evidence framework; and,
- results, conclusions, and/or implications.
Proposals for papers that are still in progress and have not, at the time of submission, reached final conclusions or research findings, are also welcomed.
To create your abstract you must use the following prototype:
At the time of submission, you are expected to indicate the Working Group (WG) you would prefer to present your paper at. You can choose between:
- WG 1: Communities through Time: History and Theory of Education
- WG 2: Old and New Communities of Education Policy and Governance
- WG 3: Higher Education Governance and Participation
- WG 4: Adult education and lifelong learning
- WG 5: Teachers, Pedagogies and Professional Communities
- WG 6: What Images, Purposes and Pedagogies? Political Choices for Early Childhood Education in a time of Converging Crises
- New Scholars Group
You can also choose to present your paper: at one of the Thematically-Focused Panels (TFPs), which provide space for papers that are relevant to the theme of the conference but outside the frame of one of the Working Groups; or at one of the Cross-Thematic Sessions (CTSs), which provide space for papers that are relevant to the broader field of comparative education but do not necessarily relate closely to the focus of any of the working groups and the main conference theme. If you wish to submit a paper at a TFP or a CTS, you are expected to indicate this during the submission process. Choose 'Thematically-Focused Panels' or 'Cross-Thematic Sessions' and let the organisers allocate your paper to an appropriate session.
All submitted proposals will be peer reviewed by members of the CESE Executive Committee and the Local Organising Committee, who will also decide the chairs of the TFPs and the CTSs.
Acceptance notifications will be sent by March 2021.
Please note that you do not have to be a member of CESE to submit an abstract. However, if you choose to become a member of CESE you will be allowed to pay a reduced conference fee.